Love is a word commonly used but rarely actioned. It’s true meaning easily twisted if not lost with life experiences. While it’s the case in the world, this is not so in the Kingdom of God. Here in God’s Kingdom, Love is considered the greatest of all, and without it, you can do nothing. i.e., God is Love. If we say we love God, then we must obey his commands. It, therefore, goes without saying that OBEDIENCE is God’s LOVE language.
Anchor Verse: 1 Corinthians 13 (TPT)
- Love is incredibly patient
- Love is gentle and consistently kind to all.
- Love joyfully celebrates honesty and finds no delight in what is wrong.
- Love is a safe place of shelter, for it never stops believing the best for others.
Therefore, Love always PROTECTS, always Trusts, always HOPES, always PERSEVERES.
Love is Not:
- Jealous when blessing comes to someone else.
- Love does not brag (Boast) about one’s achievements nor inflate its importance.
- Love does not traffic in shame and disrespect, nor selfishly seek its honor.
- Love is not easily irritated or quick to take offense.
- Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up.
Therefore, Love DOES NOT stop LOVING.
What LOVE language are you associated with at work?
I do not know about you, but my love language is words of affirmation and acts of service. I have discovered that whenever I affirm my colleagues for their excellent work, they feel encouraged, appreciated, and loved.
Sometimes I will be asked to sit in for a colleague on leave.
I will ensure the work is done well to their satisfaction, and this has made my teammates not to worry whenever they delegate duties to me while away. The act of service makes them feel loved and respected.
You may be wondering; how can one love their colleagues when some may not be supportive of one’s progress?
Friends, it is not by your strength; it is the Holyspirit that Gives the Power to LOVE. All you need to do is build intimacy with the Holy Spirit and let HIM take it up.
Dear Lord, help me learn how to love so that I can love the way you Love.
In Jesus Name.